Fun Night For AWM SoCal Supporters
AWM SoCal members and supporters enjoyed an inspiring evening at the She Rocks Awards presented by the Women's International Music Network on Friday, January 25, 2019 at the House of Blues Anaheim. 6:00 p.m. Doors, 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Awards.
The show honored amazing female role models in the music industry, plus featured exclusive performances by Macy Gray, Orianthi, Judith Hill, Lisa Loeb, Nita Strauss, Erika Ender, Mindi Abair and many more. The evening included dinner, silent auction, star-studded red carpet, amazing gift bags, and so much more. It was a memorable event!
Many thanks to WIMN for offering AWM SoCal members and supporters a special discount to the Awards Show.
Celebrating Women in Music
The She Rocks Awards pays tribute to women who display leadership and stand out within the music and audio industry. Past honorees of the She Rocks Awards include Melissa Etheridge, Pat Benatar, The B-52s, Colbie Caillat, Sheila E, Chaka Khan, Ronnie Spector, Orianthi, The Bangles, and many more.
From across the pond, the opening performers were London/Belfast-based alternative rock-pop duo REWS, consisting of Shauna Tohill (Vocals/Guitar) and Collette Williams (Vocals/Drums).
The 2019 She Rocks Awards recipients include:
• Terri Nunn, lead singer of the iconic electro-pop band, BERLIN
• Macy Gray, GRAMMY Award-winning singer, songwriter, producer and actress
• Lisa Loeb, Platinum-selling, GRAMMY Award-winning singer-songwriter, touring artist, author
• Nita Strauss, acclaimed solo artist and guitarist for Alice Cooper
• Erika Ender, award-winning and chart-topping composer, singer, co-writer of the hit “Despacito”
• Dana DuFine, VP Global Content and development AEG Facilities
• Dale Krevens, Vice President of Tech 21
• Lynette Sage, art director at Reverb
• Samantha Pink, director of business operations at JAM Industries USA
• Terri Winston, Executive Director, Women’s Audio Mission
In addition, a lifetime achievement award was introduced into the evening, this year honoring Janis Joplin with a retrospective and performances by guitarist Orianthi, Australian vocalist Vanessa Amorosi, singer Judith Hill, Emily Armstrong of Dead Sara and the She Rocks Awards house band, Rock Sugah, led by Divinity Roxx.
The event was co-hosted by Lyndsey Parker and Christine Devine. Parker is a music and pop culture expert who is currently the music editor at Yahoo Entertainment and co-host of the weekly SiriusXM show Volume West. Devine is a 16-time Emmy-winning FOX 11 news anchor on KTTV who was named one of the top 50 women changing Los Angeles by Los Angeles Magazine.